Lord Gyric's Random Thoughts

Random Brain droppings, interesting (to me) things, and general stuff about my life and thought processes. Also, the occasional rant about life and living, and the odd Bawdy song or recipe thrown in for good measure

Name:
Location: Fort Erie, Ontario, Canada

I'm 33 years old, married, have three kids, and am basically a nice guy in wolf's clothing...

Monday, September 25, 2006

Pennsic Classes

Ok, here's the fast post on classes.

So I am teaching dirty songs and drinking songs at Pennsic. The first year I did it, I made 50 copies of the one class I was teaching, and taught it twice. I freaked out a bit about actually getting maybe 15 or so people in the first class, but then they would tell friends and I'd get the other 20 or so for the second. I figured I was going to take a bath on the photocopying, but what the hell, I tried. Bawdy songs are not well appreciated in my kingdom.

So imagine my suprise when almost 40 people showed up. I ran out to make more photocopies and managed to make enough for the second class which was bigger.

So this year, I taught two classes...a beginners and an advanced. I made 50 copies of each songbook figuring I could make more for the second time I taught the beginners class (I was slated to do 2 beg. and 1 adv.)

Well, I show up for my first class and there are about 9 people there to begin. My heart sunk..."This does not bode well" I thought. Then a few more trickled in, then a few more...all of a sudden, there was a deluge of people clamouring for copies!!! I felt much better then, and after a wonderful class, I told people to be sure to come back tomorrow for the advanced class.

So low and behold, when I showed up for the next class, the Excedingly Bawdy class, things got interesting...

more to follow

(and Miss BT, you're almost there...a viking we will go...)

1 Comments:

Blogger Mz. B.Trousers said...

Hooray!
It really was a great class - both of them were great. You teach well, and entertain well.
Obviously word got around too fast...

12:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home