Lord Gyric's Random Thoughts

Random Brain droppings, interesting (to me) things, and general stuff about my life and thought processes. Also, the occasional rant about life and living, and the odd Bawdy song or recipe thrown in for good measure

Name:
Location: Fort Erie, Ontario, Canada

I'm 33 years old, married, have three kids, and am basically a nice guy in wolf's clothing...

Monday, August 28, 2006

The Order of the Stick...and other web comics

Ok...I blame Miss Krin for this also.

While randomly looking at the links in her blogsite, I came across the Order of the Stick.

I hate web comics.

No really...I hate the fact that I can't stop reading them. I just read 340 comics in a little over 2 hours. My ass is numb, and my sides hurt from trying not to laugh loud enough to wake the rest of the house. I did the same thing with Cntrl-Alt-Del. I'll post the site later, but it's a gamer's comic. OOTS is a D&D based one. Each one strikes a chord deep in my heart...or possibly other organs.

Start reading at your own risk. Seriously. But only if you're a geek. Otherwise, they will mean absolutely nothing to you.

I rate web comics about the same as Satan Cake. Those are the McCain's frozen cakes with the see through lid. You have one little piece, and then put it back in the freezer. Then in like 15 minutes, you think "Ah, just one more" and before you know it, the empty container hits the garbage and you can barely move. Web comics are exactly like that.

I hate web comics...damn them.

5 Comments:

Blogger Wenchilada said...

Hi Gyric!
Thanks for the shout out during your class!

Finn

12:31 AM  
Blogger Krin said...

Hooray! I'm catching. I did the same thing with OOTS when I first found it, I had to catch up on 250 strips. It's so ironically self-deprecatingly humurous, I love it.

4:15 PM  
Blogger Lord Gyric said...

Finn...anytime...I always give credit where it's due...did you need a copy of the handouts?

Miss Krin...yeah...read it again...340!!!and laughed me arse off on damn near every one of them.

7:13 PM  
Blogger Wenchilada said...

I'm good for handouts, found a recording of your class somewhere (you're take on 4 Letter Words is inreresting, do you want me to send you a wav file?) and Baggy Trousers sent a copy my way as well.

6:57 PM  
Blogger Lord Gyric said...

Oh, THAT recording...

That was last years...It was made by the consort of the Princess of the Mists...and then they showed up to the Bawdic Circle.

And yeah, I made up the music for four letter words, and then heard it on the CD...not too far apart, are they...kinda creepy

8:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home