Lord Gyric's Random Thoughts

Random Brain droppings, interesting (to me) things, and general stuff about my life and thought processes. Also, the occasional rant about life and living, and the odd Bawdy song or recipe thrown in for good measure

Name:
Location: Fort Erie, Ontario, Canada

I'm 33 years old, married, have three kids, and am basically a nice guy in wolf's clothing...

Saturday, August 26, 2006

Work

Well, I went back to work today for the first time in like a month.

I have an umbilical hernia, and haven't been allowed to work. I also went to Pennsic, so that's another chunk of time off.

It's not like I really do any work anyways...I'm in Theatre. I've been filling in for guys who are sick/injured doing set changes. I bought a back brace, and pitched in today. I'm tired, hurting a little, but generally feel useful again.

You know, it's funny...I enjoy being off, even with being constantly with my wife and kids, but you start to feel useless if it goes on too long. That's probably why I looked forward to Pennsic so much. At least there I got to teach (Bawdy songs, and let me tell you... in the next post or two), cook for people (and get praised for it, which is always a bonus) and generally have a purpose again. I even was able to cook the Turkey Dinner again this year. Despite all the horseshit leading up to it, I still enjoyed myself immensely. I didn't get out as much as I wanted, but that's ok. My disability didn't even preclude me from sitting my ass in a golf cart for a grand total of 17 hours this year between Moblility Assistance and Public Safety.

It's nice to be useful.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home