Lord Gyric's Random Thoughts

Random Brain droppings, interesting (to me) things, and general stuff about my life and thought processes. Also, the occasional rant about life and living, and the odd Bawdy song or recipe thrown in for good measure

Name:
Location: Fort Erie, Ontario, Canada

I'm 33 years old, married, have three kids, and am basically a nice guy in wolf's clothing...

Thursday, August 24, 2006

Another Day, Another ???

Well, back at the ranch...

Make that Rancho Roundup, the theme for this years VBS. I'm working on the music to do on Sunday with the kids...nothing better than sticking kids up to sing...all the old biddies love it.

I also made English Muffins today. I ususally only do it at Camp, but it seemed to work out well. I made them at Pennsic this year a couple of times, but not as often as I usually do...scheduling just didn't permit it. They turned out ok, but I miss the smoky flavour that cooking them over coals infuses. I made them this year, and invited the Queen of Lochac, as well as Her Excellency of Rowany and the other assorted Courtiers down for breakfast. Only HE of Rowany made it down the hill, as the others had been up late the night before...umm...doing...all night needlepoint...yeah, that's it. However, I believe that none should suffer unduly for needlepoint, so I sent up a care package. I'm told it was well received.

If you want to know how to make English Muffins in your very own home, I'll publish the recipe here, courtesy of Duchess Mistress Aramanthra the Viscious:

1 cup warm water
1/2 cup milk (Or 1 1/2 cups warm water and 2 Tbs milk powder)
1 tsp salt
2 tsp sugar
2 cups of flour
1 pkg dry yeast (or 2 1/4 tsp)

Mix yeast in with 2 Tbs of warm water to activate (i usually add a little sugar to give it something to eat). Let sit for 10 minutes, then add to water and sugar/salt. Mix in 2 cups of all purpose flour and then let rise until it falls in on itself. Then mix in 2 more (Yes, that's 2 MORE) cups of flour. Roll out, cut into 3-4 inch circles and let rise again. Preheat a griddle, whether on a stove or over coals and place risen circles on griddle until golden brown on each side (you must flip them, in case that needed explaining)

There you go. That easy. Be a big hit at the next camping event, over night sleepover, or breakfast you need to make.

1 Comments:

Blogger Mz. B.Trousers said...

These muffins are way cool. Cook them for yourselves!!

Or better yet, have Mr. G cook them for you, and smear them with vegemite.

YIPPEE!

6:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home